Second WG2 meeting is organized in Hannover april 23 to april 25th.
Registration is open here, deadline for registration : March 1rst 2015
Practical details and agenda will be published soon.
The hôtel will be :
Thielenplatz 2, 30159 Hannover
Phone: +49-(0)511-32.76.91 / Fax: +49-(0)511-32.51.88
Price for single room : 72.5 euros
Alternatively rooms are also reserved at the Concordehotel am Leineschloss *** (for MAW members)
Am Markt 12, 30159 Hannover
Phone: +49-(0)511-35791-0 / Fax: +49-(0)511-35791-100
Prices are about 84,- € per night.
The tour "Leibniz and the royals" is booked for saturday afternoon, April 25. It is a walking tour in the city of Hannover with an actor, who will convey to us the connections to the english crown of Leibniz, who lived for more than 30 years in Hannover and was (at least formally) part of the local government. The tour is for about 1.5 hours, starting at 14 o'clock. It costs 12 € per person.
The meeting will take place from Thursday, April 23, noon to Saturday, April 25 at noon at the following locations:
a) Thursday and Friday at "Werkhof", Schaufelder Straße 11, 30167 Hannover (including MAW meeting)
b) Saturday in the main building of the university, Room F309.
Venue to Hannover:
a) by plane:
There are several flights per day to/from
Amsterdam, Paris, London, Zurich, Frankfurt, Munich,
and also daily connections to Brussels, Vienna, Prague, Milano, Copenhagen.
From the airport to the city center of Hannover:
1) by train:
- The local trains (S-Bahn S5) leave the airport every half hour (at 06 and 36 minutes past the hour). Cost: single ticket (a ticket for 2 zones is necessary) 3.30 € . These tickets are also generally valid in the trams and local buses.
- Buy at the vending machines that are located at the platform.
- Please note: you have to stamp (validate) the ticket by inserting it into the blue or red boxes. After stamping, the ticket is valid for 2 hours.
To reach Hotel am Thielenplatz:
- Exit at central station (Hauptbahnhof), which takes 16 minutes.
- The hotel is within 5 minutes walking distance (400 m).
- Take the exit to Ernst-August-Platz, then turn left into Joachimstraße to Thielenplatz.
To reach Hotel am Leineschloss:
- Exit at Hauptbahnhof
- Follow the U signs (no new ticket necessary) and
- take one of the lines 3 , 7 (direction to Wettbergen) or 9 (Empelde)
- exit at “Markthalle/ Landtag” (2 stops).
- Use exit towards “Marktkirche” , you will find the hotel after 50m on the left side.
From the airport directly to the conference site:
- Use again S5, but exit at “Hannover Nordstadt” (one stop before Hauptbahnhof)
- take tram 6 (direction Messe Ost, no new ticket necessary). It stops just in front of the station (don't cross the street).
- Exit at “Kopernikusstraße” (2 stops)
- turn into the street “An der Lutherkirche”
- walk half way around Lutherkirche, so that the church remains on your left into Schaufelder Straße.
b) by train:
- Hannover is a large railway cross. Fast long distance trains arrive here from Berlin, München (Munich), Frankfurt, Köln (Cologne), Hamburg. Long distance trains typically run every hour.
- Please change at Hannover Hauptbahnhof in all cases. From there use the directions given above.
- Traveling times: Hannover-Berlin 1:40
c) by car:
For going to the hotels, please use their description on the internet, which includes description of parking facilities.
from east or west on A2 to the conference site:
– exit at “Herrenhausen” towards city center
– leave cityring at “Herrenhäuser Gärten” and turn right
– follow the street for about 2 km, then turn left on “Am Schneiderberg”
– at the second crossing turn right on Schaufelder Straße.
From the south on A7:
– Follow signs to the city center, and then to “Universität”.
– Pass the main building of the university to “Am Schneiderberg”
– turn right and after two blocks again right into Schaufelder Str.