Second annual forum is organized in Coimbra in 2015 in Portugal. The second HOPE forum will focus on two different topics : the new competences for graduate students and the global challenges in physics higher education.
- registration deadline : July 15th closed
- call for contribution : August 15th submit now !
- N. Witkowski, Pierre and Marie Curie University, France
- M. Michelini, Unide University, Italy
- I. Ruddock, Strathclyde University, UK
- H. Ferdinande, Ghent University, Belgium
- H. Geurts, Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands
- J. Rogiers, KU Leuven, Belgium
- E. Cunnigham, Dublin City University, Ireland
- F. Cornet, University of Granada, Spain
- M. J. Barata Marques de Almeida, University of coimbra, Portugal
- I. Lopes, University of coimbra, Portugal
Meeting venue Coimbra
Regarding the trip to Coimbra:
Arriving to Portugal either through the airport of Lisboa/Lisbon or Porto/Oporto. Although Lisboa has a lot more connections to European capitals, Oporto also offers good connections. From either airport you can use the metro (running every 5-10 min in Lisboa and every ~15 min in Porto) to the railway stations of Oriente (Lisboa; 5-10 min) or Campanhã (Porto; ~40 min), respectively. Then you take the fast trains (AP or IC) to Coimbra (1h35 to 1h50 from Lisboa or ~1h from Porto).
Metro (see Porto subway map) tickets could be purchased at the respective stations (buy two trips in case you plan to use the same means for the return journey) and keep the ticket (later you can also top it up).
Trains run most of the day time about every hour, and this until about 20:00. The last train from Lisboa (check schedule) is an international one that leaves Oriente at 21:27 and takes two hours to Coimbra.
Trains tickets may easily be purchased at http://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/buy-tickets (Advanced purchase may profit from a reasonable discount.)
Lisbon-Coimbra one way costs €32,80/€22,80 (1st/2nd class) on AP, and €24,30/€19,20 on IC
Porto-Coimbra one way costs €21,70/€16,70 (1st/2nd class) on AP, and €17,20/€13,20 on IC
From the Coimbra railway station (Coimbra B) to the Hotel or the Department of Physics (see map) a taxi (<10 €) is the best option.
Regarding Hotel and restaurants
Hotel Tryp Coimbra, Av. Armando Gonsalves, 20, 3000-059, Coimbra 3000, Portugal
Single room 57 euros (incl. breakfast)
Double room 67 euros (incl. breakfast)
Dinner at the hotel, 9th of September : 30,00 euros
Dinner at Clube de Memórias (before named Still is), 10th of September : 23,00 euros
Dinner at Quinta das Lágrimas, 11th of September : 70,00 euros, including bus transport towards and from the hotel.
Regarding physics department
Department of Physics, Polo I, Rua Larga, Coimbra